RECOVERING COUNTS

Monday morning it was decided that Kristin's marrow was slowly on the upswing and recovering enough to where the docs felt that Kristin could come home. This news was met with much relief on her part. After looking at the monocytes, her labs were all indicating that her ANC was on the way up. Although it is still not good enough for school, it was safe enough to be home. If her ANC is above 500 on Thursday, she would receive vincristine and more methotrexate. The latter being responsible for the low counts. We were secretly hoping that she would be too low for the methotrexate as Kristin did not want a repeat of last week. It was rough for the entire family. Sometimes we jokingly ask if we can get time off for "good behavior." They just laugh and say no. Thursday we returned; relunctantly, to Renown for more chemo.... her ANC was 468! No methotrexate, yes! I asked what bearing this had on her progress and they said that the chemo had done it's job and she did not need another hit! Thank Heavens!

I have mentioned Eric Trowbridge in past posts. I am asking that you please include him in your prayers. His transplant is forthcoming and they have some set backs with donors. Thank you so much for remembering Kristin, Eric, and all the innocent children who endure these life threatening illnesses.

Thankfully, Leslie and Darren

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi. I somehow just ran across your blog. My name is Dan. I am a fireman in Carson City and I am married and have a 2 year old (Emma) and a 10 week old (Ella). I am not sure why I am writing you, I am not really a blog guy. But I was really touched by your story. I lost my mom to a very rare cancer 4 years ago, she was 57. I miss her more everyday. But in a way I am so lucky. I got a great mom for 30 years. Some people have family for 80 years and never the love and friendship that I had for 1 day. The sad thing is, is that I didnt 'Really' appreciate her when she was here. You know, I guess I took her being there for granted. 1 day with her was magic. A magic I see, now that she is gone. I hope I dont sound upsetting, I dont mean it that way. What I want to express is, as I am sure you know, really appreciate the time. All the time. Good and Bad. You may look on those times, like I have, and realize they mean more to you than anything in the world. God, this all sounds so negative. I really dont mean it that way. I hope you can see the hope and blessings in each day. It makes me so sad to read about the pain you all must have to endure. I know similar pain. But I now know all the blessings. Have you read the book "The Last Lecture", by Randy Pausch? It is very insightful for people battling disease. I was all over the news, so I am sure you may have seen him. He had some amazing faith. And there is a tremendous power in faith. Not necessarily religion, but faith. Faith in family, friends, and life. You are so brave, and you must know too... inspiring. I know I am a total stranger, but if there is anything I a can do. I would be honored to help in any way, maybe even with the help of the Carson City Fire Dept. I know you will suceed in your battle. In my own way, I will pray for you and your family. I will even talk to my mom (which I still do everyday) and have her put in a good word. Again, I am so sorry for your struggle. Keep fighting and enjoy every bit you can, it the end it will all be okay. Here is my number if there is anything I can do, 775-560-6222. Sincerely yours, Dan Fuhrman Carson City Firefighter, Husband, and Dad.

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE