CATCHING UP

visiting Kristin, it was great!

It has been a while since I have "picked up the pen and paper." Kristin is doing well. The family went to Utah as part of Eric's Bday and to visit Kristin. It was great! Darren commented,"Well Kristin, you look like you are pretty happy and that you have arrived at a good place." Her reply, "Oh man, I am in such a good place!" I had the chance to visit her classes, met friends and roomates and take notes in chemistry....Every where we went she was saying hello to someone and introducing me to friends. Of course there are a few "Hiccups" with her health, but that is to be expected. We all know things could be worse.

Our visit with the rheumatologist was un-enlightening.....really. Nerve damage to say the least. And is it permanent?....we just do not know..... Yes, I think un-enlightening would be the correct verb here. Although is it a verb, and adjective or adverb and did I even spell it correctly?

All that aside, we are grateful for the yet another year. Labs are good, no infections, transfusions, fevers or rashes. This is good stuff. Looking back at this time last year frightens me and I surely count our blessings.
I thank my Father in Heaven each and every day for friends, family and miracles he has sent to us. You are all a part of this and it is humbling.

Kristin comes home next week for an LP with intrathecal methotrexate and vincristine. yum-o!





Comments

CandyFan said…
We missed seeing you at clinic, Giovanni was neutropenic, so they hid him in a room and got him out right away. Last time you were there he was running the halls crazy like a chimpanzee, so I was busy trying to calm him down and didn't get to say hi. Are you going to the cancer family Christmas party next month? Hope to see you all there. Kristin, I am so happy to see how happy and well you are doing away at college, that is awesome.

Love the Hartman's,
Suzanna, Bret, Giovanni and Isabella
suzannamom@sbcglobal.net

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE