TRIUMPHANT!

828 days...is a very long time. Our hearts are full of gratitude for this day, and humbled beyond description by the monumental tasks which have lead us here. This has been no small undertaking and should rightfully be shouted from every roof top. Well,that is a little dramatic, but honestly, I am overwhelmed with joy! If you have read our blog from the beginning, you know the story, the heartache, struggles and triumphants. All 828 days of them. Most importantly you know the kourage children living with cancer posses. It is humbling to say the least. Hopefully, one day, children will not have to live with cancer. They will be free of cancer. For those families who have lost their child to cancer, life without them is apparent as the "sun failing to rise." A heartache no one should ever know. If you find yourself privileged to know of a child suffering.... love them dearly, hold them tightly. Look into their eyes.You have touched a piece of heaven and I promise you will never be the same again.

The following is a short story I wrote in honor of Kristin and her tale of kourage. You will only see smiles, and maybe even you. But, know that for every smiling picture, there are ten others telling a story of pain and suffering. A high price Kristin and so many others have paid indeed. The story is not over and I will continue to update Kristin's progress as she heals. Okay Leslie, stop blogging and get on with the show!!!!!!

ps one more thing, the story is printed in book form also. if you wish to purchase one, let me know and i will send you a link to do so. now you can turn up the volume and click play.

Gratefully,

Leslie

Comments

Meagan said…
Dearest Kristin and Family,
CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Today will be a day you remember for the rest of your life. I too, am a cancer fighter and survivor. I was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma when I was 21. I am now 26 and living a happy, healthy life with my hubby and son. I remember the day when I received my last chemo infusion and what a day of relief that was. It felt like an enormous burden was lifted off of my shoulders. I am so happy for you and your family. I will forever and always keep you in my prayers. I know that anything and all is possible when we keep our faith in our Savior and our Heavenly Father. They are always there for us, especially in our deepest hour of need.
Congratulations again. Today is a new day. Celebrate it!!!
All my love,
Meagan Johnson
Happy today Katich family!! :-)
Leslie, I love the book and I also LOVE your posting on April 6th. You couldn't have found a more beautiful, colorful photo and a more perfect quote to go with it!
Here's to a happy life and future!
With love,
The Doughertys
Pete, Kathy, Ryan & Eric
Steve Cochrane said…
Kristin, Leslie, and Family,
I am from Winnemucca and have been following your story of kourage for almost two years now. I am so happy for you today! I have been praying for you and thanking God for the fact that I have healthy children. God Bless You and may you enjoy every day in college.
kniskerns said…
Katich family,
So I'm a few days late, but congratulations to all of you! I have been following your story since you posted to my daughter Becca's blog a few months ago, and I cannot put into words the joy and relief I feel for you right now. Now that the "yucky" part is over, I hope that you are able to get back to somewhat normal lives again. You have a strong and beautiful daughter, Leslie, and I wish for you the best Mother's Day yet!
Still in my prayers,
Trisha
Elizabeth said…
Kristin,

You have an amazing story.

Never ever ever ever give up.

Love,
Elizabeth
What a beautiful tribute to Kristin. I am so happy for all of you and cannot wait for our drive down this road to be over too.
I pray you will be able to learn to relax a bit now that her treatment is over. I have a feeling that this "new reality" will bring on a different set of anxiety for a while, but with the "kourage" all of you have shown through this ordeal, I know you will survive.
Blessings and enjoy this God given time.
Christine Lothrop
Amy Girl said…
You are soo talented Leslie. What an absolutely wonderful book.

Kristin - run, laugh, sing, play, ENJOY!

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE