LIFE GOES ON

The title is so true. During the good and the bad, life marches on. I find myself picking up the pieces of the "fallout" from the last few years. First, I am happy to report that all is going smoothly thus far. Kristin is due for labs next week and I am anxious to see them. I wonder if she is? As for the fall out...aside from the wreckage, I find myself grateful for so many things. The many meals brought to our home, mysterious envelopes of money in our mailbox, the sale of the Live Happy t-shirts, loaning of prom and homecoming dresses, free wigs, donations, care for the boys....not to mention the many scholarships and grants Kristin has received making it possible for her to attend college, and of course the prayers of faith, comfort and hope. I find myself sifting and sorting the still growing pile of bills....ugh! Cancer really knows how to break a bank in more ways than one. Never-the-less, life goes on....as it should and I trust in the Lord that we are in his hands.

Comments

Meagan said…
You all are amazing. It is hard to try to go back to a normal life. I have tried for a very long time. But as of late, I've realized that I can't just go back to the life I had before. I have had to find a "new" normal. A normal life that does include labs, scans, major bills and talking about the experiences that I've gone through.
The best advice I can give is to accept and embrace this new normal. Every day I am grateful that my Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to give me more time with my family, to be able to experience all that life has to offer.
Thank you for sharing your trials, feelings, and experiences with us. Kristin is truly a motivation to us all.
Much love,
Meagan Johnson
kkatich said…
I love you mom.
June 01 - Tears. Tears of joy. Tears of hope. What an amazing, inspirational journey. Thank you Leslie for the words that you have shared with us. "Live Happy K Squared!You are a survivior!"
Chaci said…
Thank you for blogging this journey-- I've loved staying connected, and cannot begin to express how happy I am for you guys. You're amazing examples to us all! Lots of love!

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE