BIG DAY


Go Go Go Kristin

We are currently awaiting our call down to surgery. This is a big day. Not only does Kristin receive ara c, vcr, dex, daun, it mtx today,but we have another bone marrow biopsy. This will be a very thorough biopsy. The first was to confirm the diagnosis. This time, they will very carefully count and recount to to see if she could possibly be in remission! Modern
medicine is Amazing.......


Since this incredibly life changing journey has begun, I have been unspeakably touched by the outpouring of support, concern ,and love. I still cannot believe we are here. It seems like yesterday that we were getting up for school and going about our daily routine. Kristin's diagnosis came so suddenly that it was quite the shock for us. I suppose I still must be in a state of shock. It is still unbelievable at times! Darren and I look at each other and still say,"I cannot believe we are here!"


Kristin had Karen Cox (great teacher and advisor from GHS), Darren Lasko,Annie Roach, Kristen Agaman. We had not seen her that happy since we got here. Thanks to all who have sent posters, and cards from the school also. Galena kids are great! I cannot tell you how much she loves them. Her room finally looks like her room! Thank you Erger family for taking time to stop by. Schenks, get your kids to Six Flags! (the younger ones waited in the lobby patiently while they visited)


Each card, note of encouragement, and gift helps her to stay strong and like she says, " Live Happy!"


All of our love!

Leslie




A big thanks to all


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Lady,
How I miss being with you at this time. Life can hand us a few low blows and this is one for you. But I know Kristin, she is strong and determined and will be strong and healthy once again, and if I know you, it will be in a short time.

We have had such a good time here, but know that without a doubt, your family was really missed. Yesterday we went to Atlanta and went thru the worlds largest aquarium. It is the size of a football field. Awesome. Last night we went bowling after we went out to dinner. Johney and
Russ both left today. Johney to Houston and Russ home. Hard for him to leave his dogs that long, but he did. I will stay here until January 4th.

By the way. Russ and I shaved our heads last night. First we did a Mohawk, then the rest went. We look so awesome. Hope you got the pictures Kayla sent over the phone to your Dads phone. I went down today and bought HATS. It will be interesting to see what color my hair comes in as. Who knows, if I am lucky, it may come in curley. Wish that for me, will you.Love Grandma Inza
charlie07 said…
Dear Kristin and Family,
My family and I are going on a family trip to San Francisco next Wednesday through Friday. I was wondering if I could come and visit either on the way there or on the way back. My cell phone number is 17758307355 and my email is cprice990@yahoo.com. I hope everyone is doing ok and kristin gets better really soon. Its kinda boring here without her.
Anyway if it would be ok for us to visit please give me a call or email.
Charlie

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE