WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR BREAKFAST?

After chemo on Monday;I know, no rest for the weary, Kristin's platelet count was on the way down. Last week she was at 187 (x1000) and by Monday her count was 30. Connie called with the plan, a stat CBC early Wednesday morning and plan on a transfusion for later in the day. We knew her counts were low as she has had a little nose bleeds since Sunday and the three shots of PEG bled more than usual. So while Kristin ate waffles for breakfast, I drew her labs. Yum-o! Her counts as of today are ANC 200, Platelets 17, HGB 10. We spent the afternoon at Renown getting tanked up on Platelets.

Comments

Meagan said…
Oh Kristin, I feel your pain. Platelets were always one of my biggest battles. And for some reason, I always had reactions to the infusions that I got. I hope that your counts go up. I will kepp you in my prayers. Stay stong and remember to laugh. That always helped me, and it actually still does. Take care.
Meagan Johnson

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE