"TROY, I FINALLY POSTED!"

I apologize for not posting sooner. I have felt the need to take some time off of "all things responsible" and just enjoy the time with the kids and being home. Our family Christmas was beautiful! Free from hospitals, appointments, and drama (well maybe just a little drama, but nothing worth writing about)and filled with charity and kindness from all of you. We loved every card we received. Shame on all of you who do not send cards!We felt like we were away on vacation even though we stayed home the entire break.

Kristin is almost a month into Maintenance. It has not been a walk in the park, but it is certainly a reprieve from the previous. We did labs today in preparation for tomorrow's chemo trip to Renown. I am curious to know the results. Kristin struggles with gaining her pre-leukmeia strength back. She is very determined and we have no doubt that she will obtain this goal in the near future. She is coping with a relentless cough that will not give up and a runny nose. I hope these do not develop into something more serious. The first day back to school after the break was exhausting for her. She came home and slept for three hours!

The following is a link to an excellent website where you can get the very latest on childhood cancer, like Kristin's, and many others. There is even a story of a little girl, Brianna, with the same genetic translocation as Kristin. (T 4,11) Kristin's doctors are affiliated with C.O.G and her treatments are a result of all their research thus far.

http://www.curesearch.org/



Comments

I'm so glad you all had such a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. Like I told you, I was praying that no news was good news. :-) When you talked of Kristin's cough it really put some things in persepective for me. I was up all night with both of my girls coughing and feeling tired and frustrated this morning. After reading your post - besides praying for Kristin, I was reminded to feel grateful. You all have amazing strength - although I am sure there are days it doesn't feel like it. I will be sending all my positive engergy Kristin's way - maybe some of it will boost hers. :-)
Amy Girl said…
Leslie, thanks for the message on the machine. Glad to give the relationship you and the mail box have developed a break!

Popular posts from this blog

GO GO SPECIAL K!

The Beginning

UPDATE