"WHAT'S UP?," YOU SAY...

Hello friends,

You have to LOVE technology! Without cell phones, text, fax, and the Internet, I know that we would never have been able to let Kristin be so far away. When Kristin was having the strange blisters on her feet, she was able to instantly send pictures over the phone. And, when we were dealing with the shingles, I was able to take pictures for Dr. Raphael who then forwarded them to Dr. Torkelson in Oakland. I called the student health center the other day and was able to have her lab report in front of me in a matter of minutes via fabulous faxing. Through facebook, I can catch a glimpse of the pictures Kristin posts of her new friends and their shenanigans. It is hard to let her go, but how could we not? "Living life" is what cancer patients need to do. Not "living sick." Does that make sense? So, with all the communication technology at my finger tips, it makes letting her go just a little easier.

Anyway, this week has been quiet. No fever, rash, etc. She has been off her meds for a while. Yes, that makes me very nervous. It is easy to say I will worry when they tell me to, but it is harder put those words into action. Everyday I hold my breath knowing that eventually I have to exhale. mmmmm,I wonder when that will be... Next week she has another appointment in Salt Lake. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND WORDS.THEY MAKE THIS JOURNEY NOT SO LONELY.




Comments

Amy Girl said…
Technology, thank you. I think I love you. yours - Amy Girl

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE