YOU SAY GOODBYE AND I SAY HELLO

Well, Kristin has come and gone.....but our family loved every minute that we had with her. We anxiously awaited her arrival and the hugs felt oh so good! While she was here, she loved sleeping in her own bed, visting friends, having home cooked meals, wakeboarding. Her visit to the Renown Speciality Clinic went well. She had an LP with intrathecal methotrexate. Her meds were kicked up a notch because her counts have come up. They are ANC2322, WBC 5.4 HGB 13.3, PLATES 237.WOW!! She has not had those kind of numbers for a long time. So, she is now taking her daily meds at 50% which are mercaptopurine (affectionately called 6mp), prednisone, once weekly methotrexate, and weekend bactrim. I am hoping that she does not experience the myleosuppression(blood cell production suppression) issues she had this summer.It was very good to see Dr. Raphael, Tia, and Sandy. We were sad to have missed Connie, but I do believe I am having pancakes with her at the Childhood Cancer Awareness Day in September. Her next visit is in September in Salt Lake.

I will say that I loved hearing her bathroom door creak in the middle of the night, breathing in her yummy perfume, hugging her just because and rubbing her head while watching a movie. I cherish these moments so much. I guess we all should as I know there are many parents who would give everything for these moments. Do not let these moments pass as they are what truely matters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE