CHEMO, CUPCAKES AND CELEBRATING

Dear Readers,

We are anxiously awaiting the big day. Many feelings are floating around in my head, I can only imagine what is going through Kristin's mind. She is doing well. Problems with her feet still haunt her, but all things considered, "well" seems most appropriate. She has enrolled in a CNA course. She passed with a 97%. Not too bad. Then again, she is getting straight A's in school also. But who's bragging?

If you know me at all, you know I love to bake. I have come to realize that this has been my coping strategy and therapy. For those of you close by, you are the ones who have benefited from my obsession. Anyone who comes to the house always leaves with sweets. It is a pleasure for me to give something that puts a smile on some one's face and happens to make their mouths happy at the same time. From complete, all out disasters to "Oh my, that's a good one honey!", I think I am getting better. I am asking all of you who read this blog to give me your input....please. Now,
think big.....
1.what would you do to celebrate this day? 2. what kind of cupcakes would you bake?(if you don't know how to comment just click the "comment" link at the bottom of this post or if you are on facebook, you know the drill)  I'm thinking sky diving, shouting "She did it!!!!"

How grateful we are for a reason to celebrate such as this. This journey has been long, yet I know it will continue on for a lifetime in one way or another. It has taken our lives down a different path, by divine default, if there is such a thing, than the one we had planned. Perhaps a better one for the most part. But, along this path, I have discovered and felt the enabling and healing power of Christ's Atonement. He bore all of our pain and afflictions, not just our sins. Although Kristin's pains and sufferings have not been removed, I have been able to leave them at his feet and our burden's have been made light.I know that at times Kristin has felt this also. His divine grace has given us the strength to carry them. Grace is truly a precious gift that goes hand in hand with Christ's merciful Atonement.

Comments

Amy Girl said…
Sky diving would be a pretty thrilling experience! Really, just bask in the day. What a delight it will be.

Since I'm not the biggest cupcake/cake fan I would have to suggest Creamy Lime Squares (yummers). Especially since Kristin is a fan of the lime.

Just my 2cents.
WOW! I can't imagine being 27 days away from the last chemo push, pill, or shot. Feb. 17, 2011 seems like an eternity to us at the moment.
We are so thankful that this roller coaster journey, trip, nightmare, whatever you wish to call it, is almost over for you. I know it will never be truly be over for you. The worry that will come and the unending prayers for Kristin's health will never be far from your lips. Know that a mother, in Ohio, will always be praying for you, kristin, and your family.
Blessings ~ Christine
Kathy Hawley said…
I'm looking at the countdown - wasn't there a song '8 days a week'? Single digits - WOW! I'll bet you have to pinch yourself. Maybe with luck it will be a spring spring day rather than a winter spring day - like today in Reno. I would say warm sand, bright sun, good friends, not a care in the world would be fine :) Cupcakes with a beach umbrella? Have fun! Kathy
Hmmmm...Definitely double chocolate. I mean...chocolate is the meaning of celebration in my book! However, I have had some of those baked delights of yours, and NO flavor was a bad flavor.

Let's see. What to do to celebrate. Are you in Utah? Brighton has had 5 FEET of new snow in the last week! GO SKIING! Wednesday and Thursday are supposed to be gorgeous! Spahhing would be my next choice. Call if you need a tour guide for mountain based happiness--xcountry or downhill--or a massage for that matter. I would be thrilled to help you celebrate.

Congratulations! Love you guys!
-Georgia

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE