I CANNOT THINK OF A TITLE!

Kristin has requested that all of our friends remember her in their prayers specifically to help her get through this very rough phase for her. Her weight is at an all time low. She has lost 20% of her body weight! That is not good. Our option is to tube feed her through the nights for extra calories if we cannot manage to put on a few pounds in the next 10 days. This verdict brought tears.The last two weeks have been especially hard on her physically and each and every day, every step is a struggle. When people ask how things are going.....well it is just plain awful! She is physically and emotionally spent and frankly so am I.

thank you for your thoughts and prayers....I see innocent children, the preciousnesses of life, on a daily basis; who's lives are forever changed, struggle through the "awfulness" of chemo, and face each day will simply the will to live!

Gratefully,
Leslie

Comments

Amy Girl said…
Noted! Extra prayers on their way.

We love you guys and continue to remember you in our personal and family prayers.
Kathy Hawley said…
I am so sorry it has come to this! But, this too shall pass. Jennifer was on feeding tube for several weeks, and I ended up sleeping with her in the guest room, because the tube would plug when she rolled over on the hose, when the goop was too thick, when the bag tweaked, and pretty much when it felt like it. It was like having a newborn (here's to you Leslie!) Jenn hated to have the tube put in, so she left it in all the time - even for her 6th grade picture! That was the same year I put lights on the Christmas tree while supervising a bag of Ceftaz. They didn't want us to stay in PUCC because it was too germy! All I can say is, it makes a good story when it's over! I'll be thinking of you when I wake up in the middle of the night, and sending you both (all) my very best thoughts! Kathy

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE