AMAZING DOCTOR,NURSES & LOVE


Tia Speirs, Kristin, Sandy Payne

oncology nurses at Renown

After working a long day in the clinic, Sandy and Tia made sure all the families
had a fabulous time.
They work tirelessly and are so very kind, compassionate and tender to the children.
I wish each of you could catch a glimpse of their passion and love for the
children they serve.








Kristin and Dr. Caroline Hastings
pediatric hematologist/oncologist
Children's Hospital Oakland Oakland, California
&
Renown Reno, Nevada



These pictures were taken at the Angel Kiss,
Keaton Raphael, Give Hope
Christmas party for the local families in our area.
Dr. Caroline Hastings is a gifted and much loved healer.
Her compassionate service and sacrifice has blessed many families
in our area. Weekly, while leaving her own family behind, she travels to
Reno to tend to Kristin and other children.
Without her services, Kristin and many other children,
would have to travel to Oakland more often to be treated.
She is responsible for establishing the pediatric speciality clinic at Renown.
A feat not to be underestimated!
Dr. Robert Raphael also leaves his family behind
to serve the children in the area also.
It is people like Dr. Hastings,Dr. Raphael, Connie Goes, Tia Speirs, and Sandy Payne who fight for the lives of their patients in a battle that could all too easily be lost without their valiant efforts. How grateful we are for the vast knowledge the Lord has placed upon the earth at this time. Although many still suffer and precious lives are often cut far too soon, many others live. I was pointedly and very humbly reminded the other day, that Kristin continues to be with us expressly as a result of divine intervention. This was a profoundly indelible experience. One not easily forgotten. Why her and not another? We will never know except that her time is not yet appointed. As a mother, this unthinkable thought brings me to by knees. It is only through humility, trust, and faith in an all knowing and powerful Father in Heaven, that we have endured the road placed before us. Not to say that this has been easy, as the faith I have drawn upon has descended upon our home from a source not of our world, and from sweet friends like each of you and the prayers of many faithful. I will tell you all God lives! He loves his children! Families will surely be together forever! There is no other way. Any other way makes no sense and I cannot comprehend anything less. This is His plan and has been since the beginning of time. Faith truly is a hope. A hope for things that are not seen which are true and centered upon our older brother, Jesus Christ. His ministry was one of selfless service and has shown me the way back into his open arms. While in the service of our amazing doctors and nurses, I am sweetly reminded of the following scripture. It has long been a favorite of mine and it is my hope that I will forever be in the service of my fellow man and my God.
"Inasmuch as ye have done it
unto the least of these
my brethren,
ye have done it unto me."
matthew 25;40
Leslie
xoxo




Comments

Leslie, Thank you for your inspirational messages. I truely believe as you do. We all need to remember to be thankful. To remember why we are on this earth. Our family prays for Krisin each day. My kids asked me who she was and I showed them your blog. We are all reminded to try live each day to the fullest. I just wanted you to know that I do appreciate your thoughts and updates. We are uplifited by your words and positive outlook. Thank you again for sharing. ~Amy Bennett & Family

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE