NEW DEVELOPMENTS

Kristin had labs drawn yesterday. The labs last week indicated that her counts were falling as I had mentioned earlier. The results showed they are unfortunately on a down ward slide and not on an upswing as I had hoped last week: ANC 4 not good news, WBC 0 this is the white blood cell count and that is not good either,PLATES 270 that is good, HGB 13 this is good also. What does this all mean? Neutropenia. Which is simply you have no white blood cells,neutrophils, which play a major role in the body's defense against bacteria. So, now that she is neutropenic all chemo is stopped until counts can recover and then meds will be adjusted accordingly. I should add that this is chemo related not relapse and that yes, there is still a remission.I was crushed by the timing of this news yesterday and took it a bit hard. We have had worse news, but this time it did not still well for a moment. Her sore throat is NOT mucositis as I worried that it would be, but as of last night it was very painful and she could not eat. Thank you to my good friends who comforted me when I needed it! We are guarded as any fever is potentially life threatening. Our home is on lockdown right now and the pass to enter is a clean bill of health. You know the drill.

Leslie

Comments

I'm sorry to hear of the not so great
test results. I can't imagine all the feelings you all go through everyday. You are an awesome mom and I'm glad you have Kristin in your life! What a wonderful family you have. I can feel the love through your words! We continuely pray for all of you. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. BTW...Kristin does look like Natalie Portman! What a beautiful girl! Take care~
Amy Girl said…
Leslie, Kristin & Boys, I am so sorry to hear this. You are in our prayers.
Karen Cox said…
Kristin,
School is not same when without your bright sunshining face! You, and your family, are in my thoughts and prayers!

Take care my friend!

Mrs. Cox

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE