LABS, ST.BALDRICKS & NATALIE PORTMAN

Earlier in the week Kristin was feeling,"not right" as she put it. She came home from school exhausted and stated that she had fallen asleep a couple of times in her classes. The next day she did not even go to school and rested most of the day. She complained of a headache that seemed to persist for the previous three days, and that her knee had begun to hurt her. I was mortified to say the least and went to call Oakland. We did labs and could only wait. Between this blog and myself, I usually refrain from posting much of my anxiety, fears and what Kristin is going through, as I try so hard to focus on only the positive. Short to say, if you could read between the lines..... I have done this out of respect for Kristin and for some sense of privacy. Not to mention the fact that there are some very awful experiences which are better left forgotten. But, this time...I will let it all out and say that I was terrified. Terrified that the worst possible scenario imaginable had happened-that we were no longer in remission. I have always felt strongly that as her parents we need to show no fear, keep positive, and try our best to establish normalcy for her. So, I waited with baited breath for the lab results. Connie Goes called and asked how she was if she had been sick. (i know, the sick part made me laugh) Her ANC was 600, WBC 1.0, HGB13.6, PLATES 266. Why her ANC is so low we do not know, but at least there were no blasts. (blasts are cancer cells) I immediately said a prayer to give my in undying gratitude and thanks to our Father in Heaven.Aside from some small nose bleeds, she began to feel better later in the week. We have orders to repeats labs on Monday.
St. Baldricks was this week. Wyatt chickened out on the shaving part, but he donated his money to the Team Kristin anyway. I will post pictures shortly of the brave boys who did not chicken out!!!!
Natalie Portman is in town. All joking aside, people are always telling her she looks like Natalie Portman when she had very short hair. She has not gone wigless to school yet, but I am sure she will do so shortly.
Much love, Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE