FRIEND OR FOE

Pneumonia has reared it's ugly head. After three hospital visits, Kristin was finally admitted to Primary's Wednesday with a temp of 105, difficulty breathing and low oxygen saturation rates. Darren booked me on the next available flight and I was here by 4:00. Thank you to Nate and his mom Tamara for their help. I had a feeling it would come down to this or that something was brewing the day before Thanksgiving. Monday was very difficult for me. Panicked phone calls and continued high fevers left me spent. And I not the one with pneumonia. I knew she should not have returned to Provo so soon. After the tears, I decided, for myself, it is easier to be angry than upset. Angry at this all. Angry that this @#$% is so all consuming and invasive, frightening and paralyzing, obscure and mysterious.

Thus far, she has had a CT scan, several blood draws for too many tests I cannot begin to name, and a not so fun saline nasal aspirate. (which had to be repeated making it not so fun x2) She actually did the procedure herself. Impressive. With a few exceptions, she had needed O2 (oxygen) most of yesterday, through the night, and so far this morning. There is no news on the tests to report of yet. The CT scan is to be read this morning also.

Last night was very restless for her with lots of monitors going off for this and that, and coughing. When she was able to sleep, she softly moaned from the pain and difficulty breathing.

The big question, is it viral or bacterial, PCP or Legionella, fungi,friend or foe.....? I am thinking we will put our eggs in the friend basket.

Comments

Kathy Hawley said…
My thoughts are with you - I hope all is OK and they are finding the drugs to turn this around! It must be comforting to be together and in the hospital where they can keep close tabs on our girl. I will be sending good thoughts your direction!! Kathy
CandyFan said…
Tell Kristin we are thinking of her and we hope she gets better soon and kicks that pnasty pneumonia to the curb.
The Hartman's
Lady A said…
Oh wow, please stay encourage. Kristin is in my prayers for full complete healing from the crown of her head to the soles of her feet.
Please speak words of life to her. Regardless of what it seems and/or how bad it looks, just speak life over her. Faith comes by hearing. Words are powerful.

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE