STELLAR!

I think my heart skips a beat or two as the days approaching Kristin's clinic visits approach. Restless sleep consumes the nights preceding the checkup. A simple song on the radio brings torrents of tears . My mind races through all the fears of the unknown, oh no's and what-if's. Am I the only parent who feels this way? I do not think so. I know there are thousands of us who live this scenario every day. I pray that as time and research marches on, that there will be fewer parents who are members of this not so inclusive club we are a part of. I have hope that this day will come.

Well, all sentiments aside, Kristin's clinic visit was, "STELLAR!" I was terribly anxious until I had the much anticipated labs in my hot little hands. This was with good reason as Kristin had some crazy bruising going on. Our dog had jumped on her while she was visiting. This, in and of itself, should be of no concern, but the naughty pup left some alarming bruises on her thigh. Then she reported a few others. What is going on with those platelets? She had been rather active....water parks, Lake Powell, etc. I was putting my eggs in the "she's doing more physical activities than usual" basket. Yep, I guess have "labxiety." (lab anxiety) The resulting labs led my runaway mind to 1 Chronicles 16:34.

"O give thanks unto the Lord:
for he is good;
for his mercy endureth forever."
I am once again humbled beyond words for our Father in Heaven's very tender mercies. I will love him with all of my heart forever and ever.



WBC 5.2 HGB 14.7 PLATELETS 202 ANC 3000 absolutely beautiful!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad to hear that things are moving smoothly for Kristin. Wonderful news about the fantastic labs!! Woo-Hoo!! Take care. Have a great summer. God bless you guys!

Kristi Koury

www.davidkoury.blogspot.com

www.caringbridge.org/visit/davidkoury
Amy Girl said…
Leslie, I cannot imagine your anxiety over Miss Kristin, but I am relieved that you can now sleep a bit better. It sounds as though she's not missing out on a single thing. What a blessing!
Unknown said…
Great news!!!
I was wondering if parents had those run-a-way feelings before clinic visits after the maintenance phase was through. I guess I don't need to wonder any more.
I am really glad to hear Kristin is doing so well. We will continue to pray for Kristin and the family.
Blessings ~ Christine Lothrop
kniskerns said…
Awesome! I, too, was wondering if that "walking on eggshells" feeling would ever go away, especially once treatment is complete. Kristin and your family continue to be in my prayers!
Trisha Kniskern

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

UPDATE

GO GO SPECIAL K!