The Great Getaway



So, what a great weekend we had! We were invited by the Hansens to go with them to their cabin in Tahoe. Now, we were only able to get away for just 24 hours but it seemed like a week of vacation to us. It is difficult for us to really go anywhere as we need to keep close contact with the doctors, labs, and hospitals in case of emergencies....which seems to be looming around the corner constantly. Now, this is no ordinary cabin! It is a beautiful home that sits on the shore of Lake Tahoe. Think picturesque views, peaceful, comfortable, and serene! The Hansens were great hosts and we felt like we were worlds away from our troubles. Kristin was able to lounge in comfort. I found her awake Saturday morning looking out of the picture windows that overlooked the lake. She, Darren, and I had a memorable conversation that morning that was priceless. Cody and Wyatt had a good time mastering the ancient game of ping pong along with Jake and J.R. We got a taste of Kerri's competitive side playing speed scrabble and other games, and Gerry cooks a great breakfast and is a master of making you feel welcome. Thank you Hansen family.


Back to reality now... I am anxiously waiting for tomorrow morning to get the labs in. We had an order for a stat cbc for Sunday morning because Kristin's platelets were dropping and we were anticipating a transfusion today. So, I got it ready and there were no Lab Corps open in this town. Oakland said to wait till Monday. Well, fine....but we are having little bloody noses and this makes me nervous! I will be getting them in at the earliest time possible. Hopefully we will still be able to make St. Baldricks. We do not want to miss it for anything.


We love you all.

Comments

Hi, my name is Amy. I heard about you, Kristin, through friends in Reno. My family the "phillips" are great friends with the Hansens, and I am so glad you got to have a relaxing visit at their Lake house.
I read your whole blog, I must say you are a strong girl and I felt very touched by you. What a beautiful girl you are. I just wanted you to know that you will be in our prayers. Your life is full of people who love and adore you. I don't know you, and this might seem weird, but I just wanted you to know that we will be fasting and praying for you. Thank you for your example and having such a strong spirit. Amy
Anonymous said…
hey! it's me Britsy. Remember me from church? Good to hear that she's okay. I'm writing a journalism story about Kristin for the school newspaper. It's about the shirts and just anything i general about Kristin. I miss her and I'm glad she's doing good!
Anonymous said…
Kristen,
I have bookmarked your blog so I can't lose it again. Twice I have tried to find it to send you a message from Brett, but have been in a time crunch and was frustrated when I couldn't find it easily. Considered yourself marked - and that's a good thing. 3 weeks ago Brett sent us a short letter separate from his emails. In general he is concerned that his friends will think that he doesn't think about them and doesn't care about them because he does not write to them. He swears that nothing could be further from the truth. His free time and personal time are so limited he just cannot get everyone written to. He was especially concerned that you know that he is thinking of you and praying for you - that is one thing he does have time for! I wrote to him about some of your family's experiences that have been uplifting and such good examples of the power of faith. He is excited by your efforts to be positive and move ahead as best you can. He really appreciates your example of faith and the difference it can make. Brett arrived in Hungary this week and emailed to say he made it, but his luggage didn't! Oh well, at least he made it safely. It was cool to read about St. Baldrick's. I didn't know what that was - but it's always been worth a dollar to me. Knowing now I will be sure to support it very well every year. And I am looking forward to a great picture of my grown-up Sunbeam, Wyatt! You remain as always in my prayers. With warm thoughts and wishes, LaRae

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE