MOM, I CAN'T GET THIS TO STOP...

Well, those little nose bleeds on Sunday turned into floodgates early Monday morning. Around 2 a.m. Kristin came into our room and said her nose would not stop bleeding. She had already gone through quite a bit of tissue when she told me. We tried pressure and moved onto paper towels, but could not get it to stop. I called Children's and they directed us to Renown's e.r. Normally an e.r. is not where you want someone to go when they have a comprimised immune system and are neutropenic. Of course they are use to more traumas and wanted to order all kinds of scans and test. (oakland was suppose to call ahead and let them know we were coming in for platelets, but someone did not get the message) I told them all she needed was a stat cbc and they would know that she needed platelets and to send us up to the pediatric floor. Three hours later we were still waiting to go upstairs and had not gotten any platelets. The staff was extremely nice and the new e.r. has seperate, private procedure rooms, but they did not quite know what to do with a patient quite like Kristin. All said and done, we got platelets around 8:00 and were out by 10:00. Did I mention that I could not get to sleep earlier that night and had treated myself to a sleeping pill around midnight? Monday was rough for us both!

Love to you all, I cannot wait to fill you in on Saint Baldricks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE