MORE....

More doxorubicin and vincristine today at Renown. We were done around 4:00 this time. We watched Young Frankenstein while we were there... "Blu-ka anyone?" Darren and Cody are in Omaha, Nebraska with Cody's Silver Socks team. Cody has always wanted to do this and I am sure they are having a great time. So, this leaves Kristin, Wyatt and I at home. I picked up some spicey bagels and cream cheese as she was craving these and brought them with us to the hospital. Little things like special movies and bagels seem like a treat and help deal with being there. Wyatt spent the day with Footes and is attending the Galena basketball camp this week. This worked out perfectly and was so much better than the alternative. Thank you Sherry! Last week I had forgotten to make arrangements for him and we had a very long day at the hospital. I called Janice Foulk just as we were about to leave the house and she took him without hesitation. Thank you Janice! Then drugs today have left her feeling absolutely awful tonight. I feel so bad for her. All I can do is hold her.....I am praying for a better day tomorrow.

Comments

Kathy Hawley said…
Happy Fourth of July! I hope no news is good news. We think of you often, and I finally sent a Team Kristin shirt off to Jennifer in Missoula. She is counselor at Camp Mak-a-Dream at Gold Creek in Montana this week. Kids with cancer fly in from all over the country. Laura was counselor at sibs camp at Okizu last week and said it was the best week ever, even with the smoke. I hope smuuer is treating you all well!
Kathy Hawley said…
whoops, hit publish instead of preview... smuuer = summer :)
Anonymous said…
Hi Kristin,
Heather here with Make A Wish,
hope all is well with you and your family! Did you all have a good
4th of July? Sorry you haven't heard from me or Sue in awhile, I figured we would give you some time to think about your Australian excursion for next year! But I am sure you have other things on your mind for the moment.
Eventually we will make another trip out to you to fill out paper work once again and get the details of what exactly you would like to do in Australia! YAY I could probably send you some websites about the amazing country if you like just to keep you excited about it? How does that sound?
Anyway hope you are doing well Kristin, talk to you soon!
Heather
Make A Wish

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

GO GO SPECIAL K!

UPDATE