19 DAYS...2 MORE TO GO!


It is hard to imagine that we have been here for nineteen days. If all continues without complications, we can be released on Monday.YAHOO! There is much to learn. Maybe I should of studied nursing instead, but I am feeling much more confident and informed than I was a few weeks ago. The staff here are great teachers and have educated us as much as possible. I am a firm believer in modern medicine and that it is through divine inspiration that we have this blessing on the earth today. Even more so, that it is blessing our lives and helping Kristin become whole again. The blessings and prayers have been a tremendously powerful gift in her live. Each day she draws on these blessings and they give her so much comfort. I cannot express to you have important they have been to her in this blog. Yesterday was a particularly hard day with nauseousness, hair loss, impact on school and social life, the long stay here, missing the comforts of home, and; for lack of a better word, crappy food. The peace that came from the blessings pronounced upon her filled her (and myself) with sweet warmth, and comfort. Yes, faithful prayers and angels are with her!

Duran, Duran! Of course she knows them Amy. Krstin is a coniseur of the 70-80's classics.

Kristin finds is irritating when the drawer of apple jacks and fruit loops is depleted. Yes, even on this controlled diet, her appetite is never satisfied!

We find sleeping in the hospital to be much easier than when we first arrived. I will admit I was a finicky sleeper before. Yes Darren, I admit it! Now lights, beeps, bumps, vital checks, etc. do not bother us. Kristin has taken over the window bed and sleeps much better there. So, where do I sleep? yep, in her bed... controls and all. I have had my vitals checked! The bed just reminds me of having babies.... need I say more!

Last night Kristin had gone to bed and she said, "Christel is making me a quilt! I am getting a Christel Anderson quilt!" thanks

I have made some new friendships through our adventure. There is an unmistakable bond between parents when their child suffers from cancer. Children with cancer are all so innocent in their suffering. Consequently you see the empathy in all their caregivers eyes. Parents, Docs, and nurses. One in particular is Malakai. He is two years old, cute, and loves his "B."(blanket) He just went through a stem cell transplant. His mom Staci is young and very strong and beautiful! I admire her strength.

Kristin's sugars were very low this morning, too low. We are cutting back on her long acting insulin tonight and keeping a close watch. Since her steroids were stopped two days this maybe the beginning of her body correcting itself. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Big thank you's to Caroline, Danni, and all who contributed to the making of her blanket. She loves it and so does everyone else. They all like to come to her room and read the blanket and look at pictures people have sent. They often exclaim that she has wonderful friends. Yes she does! They have really cheered up this room.

So, keep your comments coming as she looks forward to reading them. We love you all. Go SPECIAL K!
Warmly, Leslie

Comments

Anonymous said…
All the Dugans send their love, support, and prayers. Kristin has been such a wonderful addition to all our lives. If you need anything at all don't hesitate to call us at 851-4408
Becky said…
Dear, dear Katichs: I have just finished reading all your blogs and loving them. Craig and I are thrilled you are moving forward in such a positive and remarkable way. It truly is a journey, isn't it!? All your details bring back many memories and we are with you each step of the way. I recognize many miracles in your story and know they will continue. We would point them out to each other as they occurred. One of the best parts of the whole experience was feeling so in touch with the spirit and a heightened awareness of the presence of a loving Heavenly Father. Tender mercies and miracle were words we used on a daily basis. We can see that you know of what we speak. Our prayers will continue with you. Thanks, Leslie, for your wonderful example of faith, and, Kristen, for your strength, determination,and patience.

It is a miracle that Craig arrived in Hawaii last night with his computer and your great blog. Cami and I came on the 26th, but Craig had a sinus infection, preventing travel. Dr. Ludlow cleared him on Thurs. and here he is inspite of cancelled flights and snow--another tender mercy.

We'll be watching for updates and positive news and ways we can help now that we know how to find you.
Love, Becky and Craig
ps your Christmas card was our very, very favorite. What a beautiful family.
Christy Dyer said…
Hi Kristin and family, a snow day here in Reno has given us time to write in journals, read your blog, study and meditate. We are praying and fasting for you today. As I read your blog, I know that Heavenly Father is blessing you and your family very, very much. Hang in there
Anonymous said…
Hi Dear Kristin and Les,
Our phone call was cut short but the rest of what I wanted to say was only to tell you we love you and continue to pray and fast in your behalf. The spirit was very strong again today; confirming that the blessings you are experiencing are from a loving Father in Heaven. Our family is so blessed and you continue to amaze me with your strength and faith.
Keep up the good fight and know again we are behind you 100%!

Much love,
Aunt Becky

Popular posts from this blog

GO GO SPECIAL K!

The Beginning

UPDATE